Now, I know you can go to the supermarket and buy any number of heart shaped chocolately treats, but there's nothing that says 'I'm thinking about you and I love you' more that going to the effort of making something yourself. And, in doing so, you can also avoid the sugar-and-additive-laden crap that lines most supermarket shelves.
1. Jump online and find yourself some shaped chocolate molds
2. Follow the instructions for making the chocolate in my Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars recipe
3. Place a fresh or frozen raspberry in each chocolate mold
4. Make sure the melted home made chocolate is stirred thoroughly and pour it into the molds.
5. Freeze the molds until chocolate is completely firm (1- 2 hours)
6. Remove chocolates from molds and store in the freezer til ready to use (this will mainly help ensure the raspberries don't go off, and that the chocolates take longer to melt when serving them....home made chocolate is not as durable as store bought, especially on a hot day!).
1. Of course, you can place what ever additions you like into the chocolate... I just think raspberries look the part for Valentines day (and the chocolate raspberry combination is divine!). Alternatives would be mixing dessicated coconut into the chocolate before putting it into the molds; or add some dried fruit and/ or nuts; or stir some peppermint essence into the chocolate.
2. You can skip the 'make your own' chocolate part and simply melt down some 70% cocoa, dairy free, (preferably naturally sweetened) chocolate to pour into the molds.
Please let me know if you make this and what you think!
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me a message with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography here.