It's finally here: my first book! And to celebrate the launch, I'm giving you, my amazing supporters, a freebie recipe from the book. A little indulgence to 'wet the tongue' so to speak, to say thanks SO much for your support. This would have to be my favourite recipe from the book. It is so indulgent and perfect when you want to impress your loved ones.... whether they are 'Friendly Foodies' or not! AND I have a great offer from Shop Naturally to help us celebrate! Read on....
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO BUY IT!
*Special Deal Alert*
If you are an Aussie resident and would love to grab the book along with some fabulous ingredients to make the Fudgey Muscat Cake (and other recipes), jump over to Shop Naturally. You can buy the book directly from them, and if you spend $30 or more on food items in their online store, you will get $2 off the book. If you spend $50 or more on food, you will get $5 off the book! What a deal!! Click here for this deal.
- 1 ¼ cups / 200g / 7oz raisins or sultanas
- ¾3/4 cup / 190ml Muscat or Port (or grape juice if you don't want to use alcohol)
- 300g / 10.6oz 70% cocoa dark chocolate (dairy-free, naturally sweetened)
- 150g / 5.2oz coconut oil, or unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup / 120g / 4.2oz coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup tightly packed/ 150g almond meal (or 150g / 5.2oz raw almonds to make your own meal)
- Soak the raisins in the Muscat or Port for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method (see page 1). You can use the Thermomix, but you will have to transfer the melted chocolate to another bowl, then clean & dry the TM , so I just melt it in a different bowl!
- If making your own almond meal, do so first. Place in food processor on high until fine meal is achieved (TM 5 sec / speed 9, scrape, repeat). Set almond meal aside for later.
- Place the sugar in your food processor & mill it until it resembles a fine texture, closer to caster sugar (TM 10 sec / speed 10).
- Using a processor with a whisk attachment, or a mixmaster/ kitchenaid, add the oil or butter to the sugar & 'cream' it until it is light in colour & a bit fluffy (TM - insert butterfly / 1 min / speed 3). Scrape down the bowl & blend again (TM butterfly / 1 min / speed 3).
- Add eggs one at at time, blending each one before adding the next (TM speed 3). Leave your processor running while adding the eggs if possible. Stop processing as soon as the final egg is incorporated.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate until just incorporated (TM 5 sec / speed 3).
- Briefly whisk in the almond meal, raisins & all excess Muscat until just incorporated (TM reverse / 5 sec / speed 3).
- Grease & line the base and sides of a 20cm / 8 inch spring form cake tin with baking paper. Gently spoon the batter into the tin & smooth the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. When cooked, there will be no visible movement of the batter in the middle of the cake when you give it a gentle shake. The top will be hard & crusty. The centre will still be moist & sticky, as if slightly undercooked. NOTE: If you use a larger size tin the cooking time will need to be reduced slightly.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the tin if you want to serve it warm. It's just as good the day after if you want to bake ahead.
- Serve with dairy free ice cream or whipped cream or coconut cream, or a berry compote.