This is the kind of recipe that's not really a recipe. You add whatever takes your fancy, in whatever quantities look good at the time! I love serving it with Berry Compote (see recipehere).
Here's a pretty loose guide, with the ingredients and method all rolled into one:
In a large bowl, mix together:
- 2 Litres very soft vanilla ice cream (of whatever type you use- dairy or non). You'll obviously need to leave it out of the freezer for a while for it to get soft.
- a couple of cups of your pre-made fruit mince (if you haven't made your own, shop bought will have to do, but next year, do yourself a favour and try my fruit mince recipe!)
- Between 100 and 200 grams of chocolate, broken or roughly chopped into small pieces (I like to use 70% cocoa dark chocolate)
- Nuts of choice. This year I chopped up a couple of handfuls of pecans. Slivered almonds also work well, or pistachios or walnuts.
- If you like an orange infusion in your Christmas fare, finely zest the rind of an orange into the icecream and add a shot of orange liqueur. If not going for an orange burst, you can add a shot of rum or brandy, or an Irish whisky cream like Baileys.
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me an email with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography at www.PhotographyByKarenStevenson.com.au