When was the last time you made french toast? It is such an easy breakfast option that's not your standard eggs-on-toast. Much quicker to make than pancakes and loved by everyone! I made some recently after a long period of kind-of forgetting about it's existence. So I share this incredibly simple recipe with you, in the hope that you too will rediscover the joy of French Toast!
- Bread of choice – 2 slices per person (even frozen gluten free bread works just fine for this- the egg softens it up and the heat works a treat on it- very edible!)
- eggs (I find that 3 eggs is plenty for 4 people / 8 slices of bread)
- oil (a little sprayed-on oil is enough. I use coconut oil)
- Pure Maple syrup or honey and fruit for serving
- On a plate or in a wide bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork until uniform in colour
- Place a large frying pan on medium to high heat and heat a little oil
- Lay the bread, one piece at a time, in the egg mix, coating one side, then turn over and coat the other side
- Place the bread in the hot pan and cook until lightly browned, then flip over and cook the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with pure maple syrup or honey, and chopped up fruit of choice. My favourite is banana, passionfruit, or any kind of berries.