This goes beautifully with a parmesan-style cheese. I use Sheep Peccorino or Manchego cheese (a Spanish hard Sheep's cheese). It truly comes into it's own when paired with a soft goats cheese. I usually find goat cheese too strong in flavour but this paste really mellows the goat cheese flavour- a match made in heaven! Sometimes I have this for lunch on a piece of wheat-free toast: smother the toast with the Fig Paste and slice some Manchego or spread some goat cheese on top. YUUUUUM!
- 5 large dried figs (preferably organic/preservative free)
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Soak the figs, dates and walnuts in a bowl, just covered with water, for about 2 hours until soft.
- Drain thoroughly and place in a food processor with all other ingredients.
- Blend until quite smooth.
- Store in a small, very clean jar in the fridge for up to a couple of months if you don't eat it all immediately!
Read more about alternatives to dairy cheese here.
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me a message with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography here.