This recipe is sugar free if you use sugar free chocolate, such as Loving Earth, but other dark chocolates will have some sugar content.
This makes about 1 cup of spread. It's scrumptious on a thick piece of rye fruit toast! You can also re-heat it later and have instant beautiful chocolate sauce for desserts.
- 100g dark dairy free chocolate (preferably fair trade!)
- 30 g coconut oil (or ghee or butter if you're not dairy free)
- 30 g rice malt syrup or honey
- 100g thick coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Using a double boiler (a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan with a little water in the bottom), over low to medium heat, melt the broken up pieces of chocolate and stir until smooth
- Add all other ingredients into the chocolate and keep stirring until they are completely incorporated and smooth
- Sterilise a jar by cleaning it (and the lid) with boiling water, shake dry and pour the chocolate spread into the jar.
- Seal the lid firmly and place in the fridge for a couple of hours before using, to let it firm up.
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me an email with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography at www.PhotographyByKarenStevenson.com.au