I love, love, love the combination of chocolate and peppermint, so this is probably my favourite of all my ice cream creations.
- 1 Litre tub of chocolate soy ice cream
- 1 packet of dairy-free / gluten-free chocolate peppermint cookies (I buy mine in the health food isle of any major supermarket)
- Optional Tablespoon of mint liqueur
- Leave the ice cream out of the freezer for a while (how long will depend on the weather) until it just softens. You want it just soft enough to be able to stir it, but not runny. If it gets too runny, the mix-ins will sink to the bottom before it re-freezes.
- While it's softening, chop up the cookies into small pieces.
- Tip the ice cream into a large bowl.
- Drop the cookie pieces into the ice cream. Add the liqueur if using. Stir it all together.
- Either cover the bowl with cling wrap, or transfer it all into a pyrex or tupperware dish with a lid, and place it in the freezer till it's fully re-frozen and ready to serve. Easy!