These Balls are smooth and velvety, rich and glorious...and healthy! And better yet, it's another 'throw it all into the food processor' easy-peasy, kids-love-them, winner!
- 100 g dark fair trade chocolate (at least 70% cocoa, dairy free)
- 300 g medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fair trade cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup (70 g) organic dessicated coconut (organic is so it's preservative free)
- 1 cup (100 g) almond meal or almonds (you can also use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or a combination of these if you need to avoid nuts).
Extra 1 cup dessicated coconut for rolling the balls in.
If you don't have almond meal but have almonds, start by putting an overloaded cupful of almonds into your food processor and grind up your own (if using seeds, grind these up in your food processor to a fine meal). Add chocolate and wizz till you have very small pieces. Add all other ingredients to food processor and blend till smooth. You'll probably need to scrape it down with a spatula a couple of times and wizz it up again. Blend until it forms a big mass that's all stuck together.