Use this as your 'base' to make other dressings- I give you a few ideas in the 'variations' below...
- 3/4 cup oil: either light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil , or macadamia oil, or avocado oil, or a combination of a couple (I like about half olive oil and half macadamia oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1 whole egg (white and yolk)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add a small amount of fresh herbs that suit your salad- chives, parsley, oregano etc.
2. For a Sweet Coleslaw dressing, in the final step of mixing, add an extra:
- teaspoon mustard
- tablespoon honey
- teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- tablespoon lemon juice
- tablespoon chopped capers
- tablespoon of fresh dill or parsley (if you only have dried herbs, use about half a tablespoon)
- tablespoon finely chopped pickles or gherkins if you like them
- In a food processor on medium to full power (thermomix speed 4), blend the egg and vinegar (or lemon juice) until smooth.
- Leaving the motor running, slowly drizzle the oil through the feed tube of the processor. By 'drizzle' I mean let it pour out continuously into the processor, but at the slowest rate you possibly can.
- Once all the oil has been completely emulsified into the mix, add the mustard, honey and salt and pepper (and other 'extras' if you're making coleslaw dressing or tartare), and continue to process until completely combined. Check for seasoning and blend again if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Check out my other sauce and dip ideas here.
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me an email with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography here.