- 300grams / 2 tightly packed cups packaged gluten free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 80grams/ 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or rapadura)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 140g / 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas
- 1 quantity of cashew cream or white chocolate icing, and some crushed nuts for sprinkling on top if desired.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350F).
- Line a large spring form tin (about 24cm/ 9 1/2 inches diameter) with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend on medium to high speed until the batter is smooth. (Thermomix, speed 6 for about 20 seconds). Scrape bowl with spatula and give a final blend.
- Pour into tin and bake for about 45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- These also make great cupcakes, baked for about 18 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from tin, then cool completely before icing.
- Store in an airtight container for 24 hours unrefrigerated or a few days in the fridge.
- You can also freeze the cupcakes, or slices of the cake and use them for great lunch box additions.
If you would like to receive email notification of when I post new recipes on this blog, please send me an email with the word 'subscribe' in the subject.
Don't forget to join my Facebook community for lots of extra Friendly information and informative conversations, or find me on Pinterest @ FriendlyFood4u. You can see more of my photography here.